9.26.2011

cake cookies







If I am to be truly honest with you, laying it all out in full color for everyone to see, then I must admit to you that I, on occasion, indulge in the most abhorrent of recipe you might ever find on a food-minded person's blog (or in her mouth).

I make and eat cake cookies.

Not exactly a slow movement type of confection. I haven't made them in quite a while, but I thought of them a few nights ago and nothing was going to stop me from making and eating them this weekend. 

Here's what you need:
One (1) box cake mix, any flavor
One egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
Optional: Half to full cup nuts, chips, coconut flakes, etc.

Here's what you do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Shape into balls (I measured mine to make 30 +/-23 gram balls, as I wanted to calculate their "nutritional" information. Bake on oiled or parchment-lined baking sheet for about 15 minutes, but start watching them around 12 minutes. They bake differently depending on the cake mix flavor.

You can thank me later.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...