11.22.2011

bored games


It's common knowledge around this place that Sundays we don't leave unless we're invited somewhere, more or less. The car wash across the street never opened for the day, which meant it was going to pour, and it did. 

A moody day deserved some moody shots of us doing un-moody things like reading toy catalogues. I opened up the game cabinet and we played with Colorforms and a block set we rarely use, and also a cute little game we used to play all the time when Stella was three or four, called Piccobello. I just looked at this link online and was shocked at the price tag. Too bad, it is a game of little skill and no strategy, but the little wicker laundry baskets and tiny clothes pins are so adorable. 

The sun came out in the afternoon, so I switched lenses, but stayed firmly planted on the floor until it was time to make some chicken soup and hit the sack. These are the best days of my life, folks.


























4 comments:

  1. Just visiting via Nablopomo - love the pictures and your home made dolls house. Good for you though as an architect I guess you do have a head start in making sure it looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures and your outlook on life! I adore a rainy day in but hardly get one, seems those days always occur when I'm at the office and I always wish I was home watching movies and drinking hot cocoa.

    San Francisco is one of my favorite cities, for it's climate, architecture, dining and shopping. I used to be there nearly every year for corporate training. It's been a number of years since I've been back, I can live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best, best, best days!!! Pure joy - nice to see another mother high on life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for taking a look! I love how Nablopomo is connecting us all. I will be sure to check out all of your blogs as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...