11.21.2012

gentlemen, to bed



We are having Thanksgiving here on home turf for only the second time in eleven years. Stella and her cousin have been planning their annual Thanksgiving performance since my sister-in-law and her crew walked in the door yesterday afternoon. Everyone except Oliver and me is out taking a backstreet tour of the city right now. I am recovering from the exhaustion of working until 2:30 a.m. for four nights in a row and getting ready to cook the crap out of our dinner tomorrow.

We have so much to be thankful for this year, probably more than recent years gone by. Hard work is paying off, our marriage is stronger than it has been in a while, I recently got great health news, the kids are great and thriving. I feel like we have it all right now.

I hope you are feeling similarly! With a roof over our heads and food on our tables, I think with everything going on right now it is hard not to feel very lucky and thankful.

I leave you with this, something hilarious that I have watched over and over since discovering while listening to the film The Trip while I was up late working a few nights ago. All four of us have it memorized, and my sister-in-law's family almost has it down, too. Really funny stuff.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo






2 comments:

  1. That must have been especially hilarious if you were up late!
    Yay for lots to be thankful for and I hope you get lots of help tomorrow and have a restful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get some help on Thanksgiving, but I still pushed myself too hard. It was as excellent dinner, if I do say so myself! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Ann! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...